In a World Filled with Bacon.
Disclaimer: This is by no means healthy. This will not help you shrink your waistline or fit into those skinny jeans. This is my caloric substitute for all those spinach artichoke dips, cheese platters and pizzas I cannot consume with you, but I’d rather take one of these any day. I do not recommend making this recipe on a regular basis.
A good friend g-chatted me a couple weeks back with just a message that said, “BOOM” and a link to a website. There was no “good morning” “how ya doin’?” “what’s up?” All I had to see was a picture and my mouth immediately dropped to the floor. Cue the fluffy clouds parting ways to have sunshine beam onto my face as I look up with wide open arms saying “ahhhhh!” Beer + Bacon + Baked + me + any excuse = HEAVEN! And so the following happened…you’re welcome. I introduce to you, Bacon-Craic.
(adopted from Tide&Thyme)
400 degrees F // 10min 3-5x1 lb thick cut bacon 1/2 C brown sugar 1/4 C + 2 tbsp beer (Porter or Stout – I used Drayman’s Porter from Berkshire Brewing Co.)
– Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
– Combine brown sugar and beer in small bowl; whisk well until it forms a syrup-like consistency
– Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil (crucial); place wire rack on top
– Line wire rack with bacon strips
– Cook for ten minutes on middle rack
– Remove from oven; brush each strip with syrup, flip and brush other side; return to oven and cook for 10 more minutes on top rack. Repeat this process 3 times for regular bacon or 5 times for thick bacon.
– Remove from oven and allow bacon to cool for at least 60 minutes…savor each bite.
Again, you’re welcome. I’ve been dreaming about them for the past few days – there may be a grocery store trip in the very-very near future.