Let’s Do This.
So after much back and forth, I have decided to jump into the world of blogging. A little late in the game? Yes. But it’s worth a shot. I cannot guarantee the frequency of posting, but I hope to stay on top of it. This will serve mainly as a means to update those familiar faces who are no longer physically close to me. A bit about me [for those of you who don’t already know]:
– I have red hair. It is my most recognizable feature and what gets me the most attention so it’s worth a mention.
– I currently live in New York City but was born in Boston, grew up in Southwest Florida, hung out for a year in Florence, Italy, studied in the great Capital of Florida and now here I am working at a big corporate law firm as an assistant.
– I love food. I try to eat healthy balanced meals, but do love indulgences and the occasional glass of vino. Manhattan is a dangerous city for a self-proclaimed “foodie.” This you will soon see.
– Exercise is a huge part of my life. I am obsessed with Yoga, like to Spin and do lift weights. After training too hard and too fast for a half-marathon a few years back I was sidelined from running due to a stress fracture. Due to a combination of fear to lace up those running shoes, not being able to run one solid mile without huffing and puffing anymore and figuring out how to run the streets of Manhattan I have not gotten back into running, yet. I’ll keep you posted.
– I enjoying cooking so much that I have often considered going to culinary school. For right now, I’ll keep it as a passion and share some of my culinary pursuits as they materialize.
So there you have it, the big five with a few side tangents! I want to try to make this blog centered around [my] life in New York City, as if there aren’t already enough City blogs, and the amazing food found in every nook and cranny of New York because let’s face it, most of my activities center around eating and social drinking with friends. A good friend Angie has her own food blog; I suggest you check her out – she’s pretty comical and loves all things food related, even the non-edible.
Note: I will NOT post about how to fold napkins or four ways to wear a scarf. One, because I do not host dinner parties in my tiny apartment; two, because I am not a housewife; three, because I hope to have more interesting things to blog about.